As responsible for the daily activities in the BALTAZAR laboratory you will conduct research using our state of the art laser based ARPES system for high resolution and time-resolved ARPES. The system has recently been upgraded to provide photon energies up to 30 eV with ~20 meV resolution and time resolution to below 100 fs which enables unique research capabilities. Apart from your own research you will also assist Postdocs, Ph.D. students and visiting scientists with their experiments.
The scholarship fund of the Society of Vacuum Coaters Foundation is entering its 16th year. Since inception, we have issued scholarships and travel awards totaling over $280,000 to students from 22 countries around the world. We continue to seek qualified and worthy students and ask for your assistance in finding great applicants. In addition, we have a new “Technical” scholarship that launched in 2018 to further the education of those already working in the vacuum coating industry.
The SVC Foundation will award several scholarships ranging from $2500 to $5000 in early 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship is open to any student currently enrolled or entering an accredited academic program related to the vacuum coating technology field; including chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, electrical engineering, physics and related subjects. Preference is given to students who are expressly interested in vacuum coating technology and currently engaged in studies and research relating to vacuum coatings. Please pass this information on to exceptional students. SVC members whose children or relatives are pursuing studies related to vacuum science are encouraged to apply.
This new scholarship introduced in 2018 is offered to those already working in the field of vacuum coating technology. It is intended to help further the education of technical staff by providing financial support for the many educational opportunities the SVC offers. It may cover the cost of books, on-line classes, or even travel and tuition for educational classes at the 2019 SVC TECHCON in Long Beach, California (April 27-May 2). Please forward this information to your colleagues that could benefit from additional education in their field.
Deadline for applications is December 3. Applications and additional information are available online at the SVC Foundation website:
Thanks for your help in getting the word out about this important scholarship.
El grupo de investigación INNANOMAT (TEP-946, Materiales y nanotecnología para la innovación) de la Universidad de Cádiz, busca candidato/a para realizar tesis doctoral industrial dentro de la línea de trabajo “Desarrollo de materiales funcionales avanzados y nuevos procesos de fabricación para su aplicación en el sector naval 4.0”.
- Perfil: Interés en trabajar en proyectos de I+D relacionados con la fabricación aditiva (i.e. impresión 3D) en un entorno de clara orientación industrial.
- Formación: Grado en Ciencias (Físicas, Químicas) o Ingeniería (Industrial, Mecánica, Materiales, Diseño) con conocimientos de síntesis, caracterización y/o simulación de materiales.
- Experiencia: No requerida. Se valorará estancias anteriores en grupos de investigación durante los años de estudio.
- Inglés: Fluido.
- Movilidad: Puntual. Asistencia a congresos y estancias nacionales y/o internacionales.
- Centro de trabajo: Facultad de Ciencias, Campus Puerto Real, Cádiz. Estancias puntuales en la empresa colaboradora con el proyecto. Aquellos candidatos interesados pueden enviar su CV al Dr. Ramón Escobar Galindo firstname.lastname@example.org
1 postdoc and 1 PhD position to work on the synthesis and subsequent characterization of new molecular materials on surfaces. The main experimental techniques to be used will be scanning tunneling microscopy and spectroscopy, atomic force microscopy and photoemission spectroscopy.
1 Postdoc and 1 PhD position